[Discussion] Weir Concert

Lakorn watcher

I've attended enough concerts here to know better than to believe what the organizers advertise and promise. Organizers here tend to advertise and promise a whole lot more than what is agreed upon with the performer, they do this to get people in the doors and try to make as much profit as they can. I will say, Weir not saying a proper goodbye to his fans is a no, no and a total disrespect for his fans.

Say what??? Shamp went? I'm assuming it's either the Sac or MN one. Fresno would be too random. Hmmm.

People had positive and negative experiences, I'll leave it at that *gh* LOL, I won't say anymore... *ang* besides saying that I had a good experience because I met up with some of my girls for the very first time~~~ :omoomo:

I would say a rough estimate of how many people attended the event would be about maybe 800+, but less than 1000? I think Sac had around 250-300+. I estimate Fresno to be around 160+ but less than 200. MN had the most with around 4-500+, and they were also the one with the most VIPs (since all of the VIPs tickets were sold out).

I guess I feel sorry for the ppl complaining. I went to the MN one and we had the most ppl but I was overall satisfy. As far as I saw it FANS will never have or get enough. You get one pic/selfie w/him and you'll just want more. I got VIP and I think overall it was worth it. VIP was promised meet/greet, pic, signed T-shirt and better seating and thats what I got.

I agree the event was very unorganized but I felt like EVERYONE the staff and Weir was all trying their BEST. Even the fans we tried our best not to push and shove so much. I did over hear ppl who got general tickets complaining about VIPs but I let it go.

I say let it be a lesson learned for EVERYONE. If your not satisfy with your general ticket next time get VIP because I got VIP and I was satisfy. General have to remember that they were NOT PROMISED a picture w/him. TLM only said "if time permits" GA can pay $25 to get a pic w/him. Obviously since the event was so poorly planned. Time did not permit and Weir wasn't even present from start to end. I didn't keep track but I think for MN he was only w/us for 2hrs LOL.

I'm just GLAD he decided to come and we all got a chance to meet him. After seeing how US fans are I am a little worried He may not want to return LOL but he still said in his speech that given the opportunity he would come back LOL maybe he's just saying it? haha IDK but IDC I am still just so happy I got to meet him, hug him, take a pic w/him and HOLD his hand LOL. He is so handsome in person, but too skinny haha. He was very tan too? I was wondering if that was his natural color or did he get darker LOL. In my pic I am so pale and he is so dark and handsome hehe :P.

I agree, Weir is such a huge star that he calls all the shots. At least thats what happened in MN. Ppl got a little too crazy when he was singing and started to crowd in front of the stage for selfies. TLM was telling everyone to go back to their seats but he "said it was ok" so ppl were told to line up. He was so nice he kept saying "ok one more" "ok" "ok" last one and fans just got a little too greedy LOL.

IDK if he is to blame for what happened in SAC but at least in MN he was very very nice, humble, down to earth and was always smiling and trying to entertain everyone. During the games he could of just watched on the sidelines but NOPE he was saying "dance" and trying to make it FUN. I appreciate all this and noticed it.

Lastly, I was very very lucky b/c I saw him after the event. It was like 2:30 am and me and my girls were thirsty so we decided to go down to the lobby to buy water. I guess after signing the t-shirts in that one room he actually stayed in there till then because on our way back up to the elevator one of my girls looked back and said guys I think thats Weir but since I don't have my glasses I can't tell LOL so I looked back and Oh SNAPS it is him and his manager they were right behind us LOL. We were debating if we should go back and take selfies LOL 2 of them wanted to just walk up to him and ask/take more selfies but me and my cousin were more hesitant since its late and we were more considerate towards him LOL so we said ok if by the time the elevator opens and he happens to get in w/us than we can otherwise lets not bug him its so late. Plus I did not like the look on his manager LOL his manager had more of a "darn it fans" look LOL. Where as Weir, I made eye contact w/him and than walked towards the elevators so he was still wondering if we knew him LOL. This was after we took off our t-shirts and make up LOL so no way he would of remember us among all the fans ahah. Right before he turned towards the elevators were we were already there waiting for it to open another Fan from behind him called out to him so he went that way. Yes we LOST our chance it would of been cool just him and us but than again it was LATE and I wanted to be a good fan not a crazy fan LOL. OFC we regret it but I think we called a good shot. We got to hug him earlier so, like I said we will never get enough of him but I was just happy to see him again after the event.

Edited by Kelly...BiG

I haven't gone to a concert in a while. I bought GA tickets at the door, last minute, so here's my experience from the Fresno event.

1. Weir isn't as handsome in person as everyone makes him out to be. He has aged so much. Perhaps the shaved head and ugly wardrobe? Lol

2. Weir never properly welcomed, thanked, nor said goodbye to his fans. Haha.

3. Weir has less manners than Lift and Oil, heck, even less than Film. Haha. Lift and Oil always wai all of the grannies and Aunties regardless of how busy they were or short on time they had. I don't think Weir wai anyone. Lol There were plenty of older folks there.

4. I've been to plenty of these Thai star concerts or meet and greets. All of them have never started on time BUT they have never jammed this early when the show finally started. Lol

5. The VIP prices for this event is the highest I've seen, so it's no surprise why fans are so upset. Yes, I get the whole idea that Weir is a famous celebrity in Thailand, so fans should be happy and grateful that he actually took the time out of his busy schedule to do such a small scale event.

You know, I used to believe that way too, but now, I actually dislike it very much when the sponsors and promoters kept saying this to fans who complained about false advertisement. They were the ones who made all of these promises of signed t-shirts, free photo, and nice seating and whatnot, not the fans. But when they can't fulfill their promises and deliver their end of the bargain, they blame the fans and throw a grateful parade. Haha. If you put it on paper and fans paid the price you asked for, then make it happen. Don't be giving us this story of how popular Weir is and is doing fans a favor to hide your mistakes, disorganization, and irresponsibility.

6. Despite the heated altercations between a few fans and staff at the end of the night, the fans were very cordial with one another. I made a lot of new friends. We were all just hanging out and having fun. The majority of us had fun just watching fans play the musical shirt game, smiled when Weir sang such boring songs haha, and totally enjoyed each other's company. Personally, all the fans got along and bonded in a sense.

7. The songs Weir chose were like huh? Like there was no effort in choosing the songs. Couldn't he have done songs more recent? Lol

Pros

1. Nice place. VIPs had a nice table to seat around and the GAs had close seating too.

2. Nice bathrooms, very important to girls. Lol

3. All of the fans were really friendly, just there to have a good time like me.

I'm neutral towards Weir, always have been. He wasn't a favorite but I didn't dislike him or anything but after this event, I think I'm good. I don't regret going. What's done is done. I don't think the fans were asking for too much. They just asked for what was promised. It was such a quick event even I was shocked at how Weir just sort of shuffled out. Haha, oh well. Weir is a smart guy and has many businesses. You're trying to tell me that he's innocent in all of this? Haha, no. He will always have people and fans protecting his actions. I think if the event at least lasted until the time they promised, I'm sure fans wouldn't be this upset. It was so badly coordinated. The sponsors/promoters ended the night saying that once Weir arrives, they have no control over his schedule. Okay, so if they don't have control then who does? Weir himself? So are they indirectly telling fans that Weir didn't keep his end? Lol See. But anyway, I wouldn't pay to see Weir again. Lol Not even GA.

I'm not saying Weir isn't down to earth because LOTS of fans said he was. I'm saying based on my experience and impression, sadly, I didn't see that. Well, maybe he was but his professionalism wasn't impressive. Haha. I think if fans got to meet him one on one, we would see his down to earth side but I don't consider smiling for the cameras with fans in a public event down to earth. Haha.

Edited by aiyaja

I don't think dissatisfied people are necessarily mad at the preferential treatment of VIP vs GA. That's the point of getting VIP after all. People were just disappointed that the experience wasn't much of a one at all because it was badly organized, too short, and some people didn't get what they were promised considering how much they paid. I don't understand how he didn't say goodbye ahahha wtf? He's still in SF if you guys wanna chace him down ahahha

I've been to quite a few of these events and all of them were somewhat disorganized. However, the fact that Weir left two hours early and was only there for an hour or so got people peeved to the max. Haha. I don't see what is so hard to understand that VIP fans got jipped?! Even I understand VIPs as a GA. Lol

This is the first time I've seen fans this upset and engaged into a fight with staff. So yes, it probably was that bad. Lol

I honestly don't think Weir cares for what happened in Fresno. If he did, he would have apologized somewhere somehow if he was that down to earth. But he probably doesn't care at this point because half of them aren't gonna fire up a storm on Pantip and sadly, this isn't an event in Thailand, so no one can call him out. He's not going to be affected just because a bunch of international fans were upset. Sad but true. Lol

I know. I saw a couple of fans complain on his managers ig and I haven't seen a response yet. So yeah they don't care... Us fans can't even get an account on pantip... It's like applying for a passport almost ahahha the least they could do is blow up the ig accounts and tag news outlets. I don't know why they were in a hurry to leave...

aiyaji: It sounds like you literally stay until the very end just like me! Lol I also made a few new friends from the event as well. I thought it was weird that P'Weir didn't "Wai" the elder aunties as well. He was caught off guard when I "Wai" him but he did "Wai" back. My experience with him was pretty okay, but I had more fun at two of Film's events. P'Weir is very friendly but I think P'Film put a little more effort in fan service. Plus, P'Film actually stay after his event and chitchat with the fans answering Q&A. He may not be as famous as P'Wier but he left majority of his fans feeling super satisfy.

The only part I was not satisfied was the no signing of the tshirt when it was promised. This is the Sac one, they should have had hi sign when all of us went up there to take pics with him cuz we all had the shirt with us. Another was just him waving his goodbyes instead of properly speaking on the mic

It sounds like you literally stay until the very end just like me! Lol I also made a few new friends from the event as well. I thought it was weird that P'Weir didn't "Wai" the elder aunties as well. He was caught off guard when I "Wai" him but he did "Wai" back. My experience with him was pretty okay, but I had more fun at two of Film's events. P'Weir is very friendly but I think P'Film put a little more effort in fan service. Plus, P'Film actually stay after his event and chitchat with the fans answering Q&A. He may not be as famous as P'Wier but he left majority of his fans feeling super satisfy.

Haha, yeah, I stayed until the very end. I always do regardless of how boring the event was. I probably met a lot of you without knowing. Lol Everyone was so friendly. Like seriously. Hehe.

I don't agree with aggression from the fans but what more can they do? They did this much and YET the promoters and sponsors didn't even give a sincere apology. They became furious that fans challenged their false advertisement thus ended up in a dumb fight. I mean, the staff member needs to take some anger management classes because the fan who was making a scene didn't directly throw any insults at that particular staff member. She was ranting about the overall event and that staff member way over at the corner just all of a sudden took off her jacket and jumped off the stage towards the fan. Haha, seriously? Now, I don't know if they had any prior beef or perhaps that fan was just getting on that staff member's nerves the whole night. I don't know. But they never took responsibility for anything. Why? Because they didn't want to admit their wrongs and do refunds. Haha, it's all about money in the end. They kept giving the excuse of "we have no control, so stop blaming us" but please go to the bar which is 50% off if you need to calm down. Like hello? We aren't here to drink and party to your crappy loud music okay? Haha. We did that the first two hours we were there waiting for Weir to come out. Lol

I have to agree. Despite Film's dirty past, if you're paid to be there, then show up, smile, and be courteous. That's what Film did. He sang all night. Took photos until there was no one else in line asking. And our tickets weren't anything close in price to the VIPs from Weir's concert. Lol Film sang some pretty good songs too. It wasn't like fans were crazy and idolized Film or Weir too much. There were no cat fights that broke out. Everyone has to normally scream to create that concert atmosphere. I mean, it would be so sad if the fans were too shy to scream and party with the stars, right? Like half of the time, I don't even want to scream or get up and dance but I do it to show everyone that hey, let's just all have a great time. It's a memory we're all a part of, you know? Haha. But that's just me. So I hope no one mistakens my scream and dancing (appropriate dancing at least) to be idolizing or crazy for a celebrity. I'm actually being courteous in contributing to an energetic and positive feel. Lol

I actually think Film is cuter in person than Weir. Haha. Yes, Film is pretty washed up himself but his overall appearance was more well kept than Weir. Film was there before anyone got there, already taking photos with fans AND selfies on their phone cameras. Haha. Then they were already printing out the photos right then and there and fans got them within minutes unlike Weir's where the laptop they used to DJ the event was the same one they had to use to print out the photos, so that caused such a major delay for VIPs who were ready to leave right when Weir did. Everyone had nothing but praises for Film in person. That's the way to go. Lol

If Film can understand the contract and terms of agreement, I don't see why Weir wouldn't be able to? I'm sure the stars know what is expected of them. They're quick to know and answer questions about their work ethics in Thailand, so the US shouldn't be any different. Language barrier shouldn't be a problem when Weir understood and spoke English. Miscommunication is the biggest excuse and lie ever. Hahah.

From this event, Weir's colors were shown, at least to me. Now, some fans will say it's too quick or unfair to judge but you know, first impressions sometimes are the only chances we get. And yes, Weir doesn't care if one international person was to write a negative review about his event but personally, I appreciate this event because you learn about people, not that I had any expectations but life is a journey and you learn that "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." Obviously, in this case, US fans were treated so poorly because in the end, we don't matter. If this had been Thailand, oh heck naw would Weir snub us this bad. Lol People can call Film fake all they want but at the end of the day, he delivered and did what he was there to do. He had professionalism when he, out of all people didn't have to. He had no pra'ake image to uphold like Weir, so for Film to have delivered a memorable night, it makes a world of difference. I don't care if Film is a singer and Weir is an actor. Both are entertainers. Weir has done concerts before. I keep comparing Film to Weir because they're closer in time range. I had a blast at Lift and Oil's concert too. My grannies were so happy when both Lift and Oil wai them. Their hearts fluttered. Lol

Edited by aiyaja

Weir might not care how he present himself here because it's not like the international fans can complain and reach the news in Thailand lol. In Thailand he has to put up a good front because they are his bread and butter. Hate to say it, it sounds like he half ass the show. But I usually see a celebrity when they come on stage they Wai and say hi and talked a little before starting to sing.

I think the event organizer, especially those that just do it themselves (without help of big sponsors) does have a hand in what goes on as well. I can't say for concerts over there but here in Australia, there are many times where they advertise or promise you things but you don't get.

First time was when Aum came to Syd, I talked to the organizer that I was flying in from Melbourne just to see her and than he was like very nice and tells me he will make sure I will get to personally see her and blah blah blah. He was so good until the moment we walked into those doors that we cannot even reach any of them and get what we were promised... what the hey.

Second time, we supposedly got VIP for Da's concert and when we went in, cannot reach them, did not pick up phone, no allocation of where the hell we were suppose to be and in the end we stood at the back of the stairs watching her. Lucky the venue wasn't huge so we got to see her OK.

Third time with Novo concert, honestly these organizers should just hide behind a woman's skirt.

My friend is a friend of an event organizer and used to work with them and she quit because she knows that they take advantage of people and think they are big headed for being able to bring in such celebs to do concerts and think because they have connections etc. I've had enough with any organised events by these event organizers. The only time I've ever been so happy was when an event was organised by Singha beer. I think because they are a big company they have bigger budget and better organization because of reputation. If its just an event organizer that relay on Thai shops and restaurants around town for budgets and sponsors, its a little hard to come by and get your money worth.

Maybe the event organizer have agreed with Weir to pay him an amount and maybe with that amount it was too little for Weir to do more than he should or could. I don't know lol.

Off topic but Film is good looking in real life hahaha yea saw him at a Siam event.

The sponsor for Weir & Film are different aren't they? This is my first time hearing about TML live. The one in charged of Film and Pancake's were a different goup? No? bc I follow BaoLay and he's usually in charge of singers/stars from Thailand cuz he owns the Chanel LokthungTV cuz that's where I knew Pan and Film were coming to the U.S. that's why when I heard tickets for weir were like 100+ I was surprised bc tickets for Film & Pan were $25 no VIP but fans got what they wanted bc pictures were unlimited hahahahha

Yeah, that's why I rarely attend these concerts because they suck. The promoters keep saying these celebrities are so famous that we wouldn't even have a chance to see them like this in Thailand but uh...y'all are the ones choosing cheap crappy venues, poor stages, poor audio systems, poor locations, poor service to maximize profits so yeah. Y'all are downgrading these celebrities, not the fans. More than half of these events are held in ghetto places that I would never go in years. Lol

Sunny you weren't making excuses for Aum when she rushed through autographing your stuff yet you make excuses as to why people shouldn't be upset about this concert. I remember you being turned off that Aum hardly looked up and only signed a few pictures even though you were not promises this when you bought the tickets. So put your foot in people's shoes and how they felt when they were promised one thing and never got it. What makes it worse is that Vier wasn't short for time. It's not as it was 3am so he had a good excuse to want to leave