sarnworld

I'll wait awhile until ya'll say it all good to go back cuz my butt got the trojan from there. I had to reboot and restore my comp. Then ran a virus scan, spybot/spyware scan, & adware scan. Took the whole dang night and the next day to get rid of the virus. Now because of it I do a virus scan every night just to be sure.

Edited by tEaRdRoP

Sunny, i had that sign yesterday that's why i posted in here too..

since then, i can't post or do nothing but i follow what Tina said and turn off that security part.

i can post and stuff but still scare that add on will install itself but i think since i check on the PLS ADD before install ADD on, i think i'm okay .LOl

Its safe now but no addon can install itself on firefox :wub: because if you look again under the "security" tab on your firefox and it has the "warn me when sites try to install add-ons" as long as that is checked than you should be ok :P

Spicy have the same version of IPB as SW so spicy also runs the risk of a similar hack.

But now I'll have to see how it was done to see if there is a risk to spicy.

Its an incredibly simple hack. Basically it is just an iframe link. What they do is to change the forum name to a link and when you go to the site the link is always loaded.

Anyway I wish I got to it much earlier but I was so busy. I feel horrible for people who were infected. If it was just the site going down it would have been better.

I hate the bastards who did this.

i cant get into sarnworld i tried using firefox but still i cant log in and or even register i tried taking my firewall down still and even switched back to IE but still the same results pls help!

• 2 years later...