[News] King Bhumibol Adulyadej dies at 88.

Noydarny80

Is Nook Suthida related to the royal family bc I think her last name is Na Ayudhya?

No She is not related to Nok Suthida. But Nok Suthida is related to the Crown Prince. She is actually a descendant of Chakri house. Her family name came the son of King Mongut (Rama IV) of Thailand.

I think the Crown Prince invented his own last name for 4th wife because the King and Queen didn't approved of their marriage yet. If they do she would used Mahidol Na Ayudhya like his second wife. Or maybe he knows he is going to be the King soon and he wants to dynasty surnames for each of his family. Lol

Is Nook Suthida related to the royal family bc I think her last name is Na Ayudhya?

She's just a descendant of one. Very very far away from being royalty.

I heard that his mother didn't approve of his second wife (maybe bitter that his first marriage with her own niece didn't work) and both King & Queen didn't approve of his third wife (due to her history) but had to give in because the Prince wants to marry them lol.

• Like 1

She's just a descendant of one. Very very far away from being royalty.

I heard that his mother didn't approve of his second wife (maybe bitter that his first marriage with her own niece didn't work) and both King & Queen didn't approve of his third wife (due to her history) but had to give in because the Prince wants to marry them lol.

Oh ok. Thanks.

I think Hugo Chakrabongse is probably the only celebrity who are close related to the Thai royal family but little bit far.( 1cousin twice removed) His great grandfather was (Chao Fa) HRH Prince Chakrabongse Bhuvanath. His great Grandfather was the King Bhumibol adulyadej uncle.

Correction Hugo Chakrabongse is first cousin twice removed to the King.

Edited by Noydarny80

I think Hugo Chakrabongse is probably the only celebrity who are close related to the Thai royal family but little bit far.( 1cousin twice removed) His great grandfather was (Chao Fa) HRH Prince Chakrabongse Bhuvanath. His great Grandfather was the King Bhumibol adulyadej uncle.

His great grandfather is Rama 5 son and real brother(same mother) with Rama 6 & 7, maybe if his great grandfather not married with foreigner he can be a king too.

I just read about the king and wow just realise that they married sibling? Rama 5 and Rama 6&7 mother and also Rama 8&9 grandmother are sibling. All were Rama 4 child. Rama 6&7 mother and Rama 8&9 grandmother have same mother.

Back in those days its OK to marry relations and have many wives that are siblings because at least they are at the same status or not just a commoner. Keep it all in the family lol.

There are many people in the entertainment industry that are descendant of royalty. Take Cherry K for example, she's actually a Princess of Nan because her mother is a Princess, her great-great grandparents are Kings. Imagine if her Kingdom still existed and the rule didn't change to have only one dynasty in Siam, Cherry would be Princess haha.

His great grandfather is Rama 5 son and real brother(same mother) with Rama 6 & 7, maybe if his great grandfather not married with foreigner he can be a king too. I just read about the king and wow just realise that they married sibling? Rama 5 and Rama 6&7 mother and also Rama 8&9 grandmother are sibling. All were Rama 4 child. Rama 6&7 mother and Rama 8&9 grandmother have same mother.

Yeah Hugo's great grandfather was the son of Rama 5th and his main Queen Saovabha Phongsri. Queen Savang Vadhana, the grandmother of King Rama 9th and Queen Saovabha Phongri were sister. Because HRH Prince Chula Chakrabongse(Hugo's grandfather) was half Russian and the throne was passed to the younger uncle Rama 6th (Vajiravudh).

That's why, its destiny for King Rama 9th, even though he was born so far from the crown, in the end the crown end up being his because the many people in line before him had other destiny.

Yep agree with you, at the end of the day, it's all down to luck and fate. Maybe a little intervention from human beings but all in all luck and fate had the biggest role on making King Bhumibol.

It's always been interesting to talk about the royals fam. Now that the father is gone, I wonder if the Crown Prince can be the pillar of the family especially on leading his sisters. The eldest princess, was seen out of the palace a couple days ago to thank the citizens. Lol I chuckled when she just walked away so easily and comfortably from the gate and greeted the people, not to mention her trendy shoes. Must be one of down-to-earth princesses. (Correct me if I'm wrong; but considering she lived almost half of her life as regular people back in US, she doesn't give the air of vanity)

And I almost forgot about Cherry! Now thay you mention it Sunny, she always had the total portrayal of a princess in my eyes. The calm and composed manner and less animated gesture in real life

That's why, its destiny for King Rama 9th, even though he was born so far from the crown, in the end the crown end up being his because the many people in line before him had other destiny.

Actually he not quite far from the crown, actually his grandmother first son is

a crown prince (his own uncle), but unfortunately he died before Rama 5 so the crown go to Rama 6 the king second son which is with other queen.

Is like the crown go back to Queen Savang Vadhana line.

Edited by suk13_karn

There was another son before Rama 9th's father. His name was Chao Fa Chudadhuj Dharadilok( Rama 5th and Queen Saovabha Phongri) but he died in 1923. They skipped his son because his son was born out of wedlock to his servant wife.

cherry's mother was a princess of Nan but her mother's father was descendant from younger brother of the Chao Muang. But her grandmother was descendant from the ruling family and Chiangmai family.