[News] Bow and Mali for many magazine shoots to come

shampoo

You know funny thing is, I have family members who talk like that too, anyone who wears short skirts are sluts in their opinion. my mom has to constantly remind them that this isnt its 2016, that their way of thinking is wrong lol

Lol it's like me being called a slut because I had a kid. I was a few days from turning 28 (when my son was born) and I have been married for 9 years. I know why my parents keep me away from a majority of my Asian relatives as I grew up lol. No joke, my parents didn't really let me hang out with other Asian kids for some odd reason. As I grew up I started to realize why.

I remembered growing up, my brother's friends comes over to the house a lot. And we lived in those apartment complex where it's just pure Asian lol. When I see his friends around the complex I would stop and talk to them or walk with them a bit...anyway, about a year past and I got a bit older. One lady walked by my apartment as I have the window open. She stopped and comment on how I have changed to be a good girl because before I was dating too many guys lol. And this was when I was like 14 years old. She said, it was good for me that I turned my life around and my mom should be proud of me. I'm looking at her like WTH...I never even dated anyone.

My mom always told me no matter how close I am with someone (by this she meant my asian friends or relatives) never trust them because "many" (all) of them are two faced. I thought she was cray cray, but once I made the mistake of sharing a secret with someone I could call a best friend, and before I knew it all the asians knew about it lol. Then she had the nerves to deny it was her that told anyone. YOU'RE LITERALLY THE ONLY PERSON I TOLD lol.

My mom always told me no matter how close I am with someone (by this she meant my asian friends or relatives) never trust them because "many" (all) of them are two faced. I thought she was cray cray, but once I made the mistake of sharing a secret with someone I could call a best friend, and before I knew it all the asians knew about it lol. Then she had the nerves to deny it was her that told anyone. YOU'RE LITERALLY THE ONLY PERSON I TOLD lol.

Oh I agreed with your mom. You can be real closed to each other they will still talk behind your back. I learn to just ignore them because they are not the one who is paying my bills. You can't talk about their sons and daughters but they can talk about because they are older uncles or aunts.

Butting in with the Asian stuff, our family don't associate ourselves with other Thai people in our town because of all the gossips and lies and two face stuff too, we just mind our own business, stay in our territory. But by just minding our own business and doing our own stuff people get jealous and create gossips and stuff about our family, that's how bad it is lol.

I understand Sunny lol because if you mind your own business, you are too "snobby" or think "you're too good" for them lol. I remember when I choose to go to college. Not many of my relatives had even made it through high school so it was kind of a big deal. For me it wasn't because my mom went to college. She dropped out 3/4 a way through, but she went back and finished her degree while I was in high school. I wanted to be like my mom and go to college. I didn't talk to people much anymore after that because well college isn't a walk in the park. This made me "stuck up." and "not proud of who I am." This mentality was shocking to me because my parents always taught me that people come to America to seek a better life and opportunity, so naturally college is one of those things to better your life right? So I didn't understand why they were so bitter about it lol. The two faced thing is annoying because the person who is spreading the rumors would have the nerves to deny to your first they did it when you clearly know they were the only other person aside you that knew lol!

I think the only thing I did really that would be considered a "scandal" is get married at 19 lol. Many people said it wouldn't last and I'm already half way through year 9 lol.

Your mom is a great role model Tina . What i hate is they like to compare me to their children just because we kinda grew up together. My mom doesn't like it. She tells them off all the time. I got pregnant before marriage also. I'm ready to be a mom. I'm financially stable, ain't getting any younger lol. still I'm call a slut. And the sad part THEY would say the daddy is BLACK. WTF . Not even close lol

Edited by Sreymao

wait you were married for 9 years or dating for 9 years before the baby Tina? Why would people call you a slut when youre married?

I cant believe the stuff Im reading in this thread sounds so relatable, i thought our family had issues lol

@Shampoo and Mai...and the dumbest thing of all she told her daughter not to hang out with me because I'm hoping from boys to boys. When in actuality her daughter was dating a guy in secret lol. When you live among lots of Asian people you will hear the gossips, the frowning of the face and nobody is better than their kids. I learned long ago, don't trust those that are too sweet with a pretty smile. Behind your back they can bite like no other.

Yeah thats what bothered me the most too, Ive reported in this forum before as well. Some parents would gossip about so and so kids, when they dont realize thier daughters are doing the same thing. Talk about looking past those faults while seeing faults in others. My mom when people gossip about that issue she says thats the best way to do it, that it isnt back in the days that kids agree with being set up, and its better if they date many people before deciding who is the one *muha* Just a week ago one, I heard her talking about this subject on the phone, the other party talked about someone being slutty hanging out with new guys all the time. My mom was like just because a girl hangs out with a guy doenst mean they are dating, they could be just hanging out as friends, and even if they are dating, nothing wrong with chosing out of many. The other party responded...well thats just slutty, no one wants a slut for a wife. My mom was like no, it sluts that get a good hubby *rxl* and guys dont want a girl who sits at home knitting nowadays *rll**rll* talk about clashing heads *rxl*

my mom is not into proper girls who covers up sitting at home knitting. I hear her criticizing the girls who cover up....shes like this day and age and they dress like a nun *rxl**rxl* my aunt was criticizing girls in short skirts, and my mom was like every girl should show off their legs, the only ones that dont are the ones that have nothing to show *rxl* shut her up right up *^lol* my cousin is short and undeveloped looking *rll*

wait you were married for 9 years or dating for 9 years before the baby Tina? Why would people call you a slut when youre married?

I cant believe the stuff Im reading in this thread sounds so relatable, i thought our family had issues lol

I got married at 19 ish. I turn 29 this july. We had our baby boy last July on the 24th. I turned 28 on the 27th lol. We'll be celebrating our ten year anniversary in January 2017 lol. I don't even know why I'm considered a slut lol. Yet I have a relative who sleeps around more than I eat in a day and people praise her like she's a goddess. Last time the kept telling me how I should be more like her because she's doing so good in life she has a brand new luxury car, a townhouse in the nice area of downtown. The only problem is she is getting this stuff from married men. She is what American's call a sugar baby to married men lol. More nam nao than lakorns lol. I think I was married before I even joined spicy. Got married in like January 07 lol.

(I think the only bad part is that we were only dating for a few months before we got hitched. We were friends for awhile though.)

....O/T - Feels like just yesterday I had my son and now I'm already almost celebrating his 1st birthday! Holy heck! Lol.

My mom doesn't care about skin as long as it is appropriate to the location and event. One time she went off on a distant relative of hers for saying this about an 8 year old, "She is dressing like she wants a husband already." My mom was like "Only dirty sick people think that when they see an 8 year old girl in a cute bikini, its not even a two piece its a one piece."

wow Ive heard like that too, like implying that someone wants a man just because of the way they are dressed. or implying that a child is a flirt even though they dont know what flirting is since theyre too young to understand.

how are you a slut compared to your cousin? goodness thats why I was confused how someone married can be labelled a slut.