[News] Por Thisadee passed away

Sunny

He was at the other hospital for nearly a week, so not even a week. He was admitted to Ramathibodi on the 9th of November. He has kidney failure though, which is his own sickness to add to the list of sickness. Which was why I never understood why they took him off ivs. People with kidney failure needs to have kidney dialysis once or a couple of times a week. Since he was suffering other sicknesses along with the dengue fever, they should have never removed those ivs every time they saw he got better. Not sure if they tried to cut down cost or what. When a person is sick, ivs can be a miracle. Let alone a person who was suffering renal failure

huh, he already had kidney failure? i thought that he got it from the virus, not that he already had it. i don't know about this hospital it sounds sketchy. i think there should've been a point where the doctors should've recognized that no matter what they'll do his survival rate is really low, so let's not put him through all these surgeries.

There are no cure for hemorrhage Dengue fever or Dengue fever. I understand why the other hospital waited for a week to transfer him to Ramathibodi. Por has Dengue fever before but he recovered from it. When he felt into a coma that's when they realized they have to transfer him to this hospital. Well if they don't do anything Por would have died a lot earlier. He was able to wake up again and say goodbye to his family.

Noy you just said previously that they should sue the first hospital.

huh, he already had kidney failure? i thought that he got it from the virus, not that he already had it. i don't know about this hospital it sounds sketchy. i think there should've been a point where the doctors should've recognized that no matter what they'll do his survival rate is really low, so let's not put him through all these surgeries.

He had pre-existing renal failure, which the should have been taken into consideration when doing all those surgeries and all those times they took him off Ivs. Doing a kidney dialysis is a matter of life and death for patients with the sickness. He basically lost function of his kidneys, so why would they take him off Ivs which is suppose to perform the job his kidneys were suppose to. All those times they did ruined his chances of survival. He was under medical care , so no reason why he had to lose a limb. He lost that leg because of renal failure and the complications from it. I never trusted this hospital from the start and their actions throughout his stay proved why they shouldn't be trusted. They made a lot of wrong decisions

It's a complicated case in regards of his medical attention. I asked my sister who is in the medical field and the times they took him off and in oxygen is the proper doing. Por as a patient cannot rely oxygen at all times for him to strengthen his health was to to naturally function it himself. If he was to rely on it, he could of remain in coma.

Im not talking about oxygen though, Im talking the ivs which could have aided his renal failure. The thing is he was put through sooo many surgeries, so even leaving the oxygen on during those couple of days after couldnt have hurt either. Its not as if he went in with the dengue fever and had no complications. He had complication after complication.

I'm not sure what going on with his medical conditions but I'm sure the family will probably eventually do an investigation. Hopefully. In the meantime, Por is gone. What we can do as fans is to respect the family's privacy and to keep them in our prayers.

Dengue is a serious infection. Yes, the IVs probably shouldn't have been taken off. Kidney failure? Was it a result of the infection or he had it before? Many factors taken into account when dealing with this infection. We don't know his medical chart so we can't assume. I pray that he was in good hands during his hospitalization and that they tried their best. Yes, he might have had a chance if the hospital was top notch but when it's his time to go, there is no escaping it. I pray he rest in peace and watch over his family until the day they reunite again.

They confirmed on the 14th of November, days after he was admitted to their hospital that he had renal failure. Renal failure can lead to a lot of health complications. if left untreated or untreated properly could lead to death. Sometimes renal failure can be something temporary or something permanent and chronic. A lot of his conditions were result of the renal failure. Which is why I never agreed with them removing the ivs at any point during his stay, because he already lost function of his kidneys, he needs the ivs to help perform what his kidneys would usually perform. Added to the fact he was sick with dengue fever and sooo many other things those ivs were crucial. Didnt they remove one of his kidney during his stay? Chances are it was already a pre-exiisting.

I agree with you Mai, that stopping his IV was not the right thing to do if his kidneys were failing and if he was still hospitalize. That said, Dengue hemorrhagic fever is not curable, treatments are done to treat the symptoms. In his case, stopping the IVs will lead to more kidney failure as his body was probably dehydrated. Medications can also lead to worsening kidney failure too. The other thing is because he has internal bleeding, it could have lead to a number of internal organ fail as his organs were not getting perfused enough, thus the need for blood donation. His leg was probably amputated due to sepsis infection or the blood not getting through to his leg, from the report, it was due to an infection. Leg amputation doesn't mean death, but having sepsis infection can lead to sepsis shock, which lead to death if not treated with the right antibiotics. He should have been on IV antibiotics and IV fluids continuously if he was my patient.

And no, the oxygen thing isn't a big factor. Once a patient is able to breath on his own and oxygen level is normal, it is normally stop to allow the patient to breath on his own. Being intubated can lead to more infection such as hospital acquired pneumonia.

I honestly believe without doubt he stood a chance at survival if he was in the right hands. They put him through surgery after surgery to save his life, yet took him off ivs. Like you said he should have been on ivs and antibiotics.

My dad had a small surgery once, it was during the SARS outbreak so they were quick to send him home....because he wasnt on ivs long enough, he came home and collapse because his body was dehydrated and had to taken back to emergency. It was not even complication from his surgery, but the mere fact he was dehydrated. I remember hearing a loud bang. Went to look and there was my dad on the floor unconscious. And its not like a patient has much of an appetite after surgery they dont eat and drink enough to stay healthy, so those ivs were suppose to make up for it. This is my dad who was young, healthy, no high blood pressure, no high cholesterol, no health conditions whatsoever. So imagine Por who had all these underlying health issues

Usually if you're in for any type of operation, big or small, they dont take you off ivs until you can drink and eat on your own...but this is Canada, so perhaps Thailand has different protocols. But a hospital that many claim was among the best, should be equal to the standards of a 1st world nation.

Sorry Mai I didn't answer you I was napping. Earlier topic I still think they should sue the first hospital for not catching it. He has the worst strain of hemorrhage dengue fever but not recognize it. Waiting for him to recover like last time. Now if he was not in the worst condition they wouldn't transfer him or someone did a request to transfer him.

Thanks Noy.

He wasnt admitted to the hospital, he just went to see them for a check up right? If anyone is responsible for lack of treatment, it would be the second hospital. The hospital can only do what you allow them to do. By the time Por landed at the second hospital, his life was in their hands. They made decisions for him. At the first hospital he was still fully conscious to make his own decisions

He was admitted at the first hospital too. If I remember correctly, he waited several days before going to the doctor and they admitted him. He was at the first hospital several days before being transferred. I think if there is any malpractice to be blame, it would be the second hospital. I had a sepsis infection just this past April and let me tell you, they had me hooked up to an iv nonstop for a week straight. The doctors said the iv fluid will help aid the body in accepting the many antibiotics needed to fight the infection.

Edited by honda

My mom was in the hospital for more than two weeks. Initially fought as TB but just pneumonia and lungs infection. She was constantly on oxygen and IVs and antibiotic. Blood draw 4-5 times throughout the day. She is still on oxygen even though she could breathe without it. But they still recommended her go have oxygen 24/7. I don't know if a person can become to rely on oxygen and not be able to breathe on their own? I don't know but docs recommended to be on it.

So I don't know about not wanting to rely on oxygen for Por. As long as he was in the hospital, IVs and antibiotic should remain on him 24/7. My parents been in hospital a few times and never once they were taken off IV till discharge.

Coming from a medical point of view, there is so many more things I would have done to change his course of treatment if he was my patient. Unfortunately, timing and probably lack of medical experience lead to his death. No matter what, I'm sure he fought to the end and also allowed his wife to process a future without him. Just very very sad. I cried so many days now just thinking about Bow and Nong Mali. My son is her age and he died on my birthday. ??????? I will forever remember him ?

Mango, either way it's sad for you. Now it's going to be a memory for you for life.

My mom was in the hospital for more than two weeks. Initially fought as TB but just pneumonia and lungs infection. She was constantly on oxygen and IVs and antibiotic. Blood draw 4-5 times throughout the day. She is still on oxygen even though she could breathe without it. But they still recommended her go have oxygen 24/7. I don't know if a person can become to rely on oxygen and not be able to breathe on their own? I don't know but docs recommended to be on it.

So I don't know about not wanting to rely on oxygen for Por. As long as he was in the hospital, IVs and antibiotic should remain on him 24/7. My parents been in hospital a few times and never once they were taken off IV till discharge.

He was admitted at the first hospital too. If I remember correctly, he waited several days before going to the doctor and they admitted him. He was at the first hospital several days before being transferred. I think if there is any malpractice to be blame, it would be the second hospital. I had a sepsis infection just this past April and let me tell you, they had me hooked up to an iv nonstop for a week straight. The doctors said the iv fluid will help aid the body in accepting the many antibiotics needed to fight the infection.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Anyone sick enough to be admitted to a hospital should be hooked up to Ivs. So imagine Por who also had renal failure. He would have required a blood dialysis twice a week considering how severe it was. It's not as if it gets in the way if the patient wakes up. It' gets put in a vien on your hand. So why did they keep taking him off the Ivs. It makes no sense to me. The oxygen being off I understand. The Ivs being off constantly makes no sense to me because he can only benefit from the Ivs treatments.

Oh and how many are saying if not for how great this hospital is Por would have died long ago and not last this long. I think it's more like if Por wasn't strong enough and had the heart to fight he would have went long ago, because this hospital did a lot more to him then necessary, and a lot less than required. The infection in the feet should have never happened a week later after getting admitted. That should all be prevented since he was already in professional hands.

• Like 1