Proposition about Uploaded dramas...

vaberella

Hiya guys....

I'm new here and I'm a Lakorn obsessed bunny. I would love to help out being an uploader. I'm actually pimping myself out to a lot of the Lakorn fansub groups because I don't think their hitting the media groups out there too well. I find youtube to be a pretty crappy output location because of what it does to film quality. But I do praise it for giving me a chance to see great Lakorn work that has been subbed.

Anyway I would like to be an uploader for full eps. I am also willing to create threads on D-addicts.com for all shows that are subbed. I think the fanbase is broad but not organized. I'm a member of a stream site which is sorely dead for Lakorns it only has 3 Lakorns. 3. When it comes to Jdoramas, Kdramas, Twdramas, Cdramas, and now even Panoydramas their moving on up. I notice there are a lot of Lakorn subbers and videos, but the uploading isn't in all avenues.

Most people like having access to the one hour long video and I have no problems uploading videos and seeding them for a while. So if spicyforums is willing we can get that going and especially at d-addicts.com which is like the premiere location for Asiandrama downloads.

Plus I can send it to other streamsites with permission from you guys and push the streaming there.

anyway if anyone's willing to send me the subbed eps I'll upload.

Thank you for the suggestion.

We haven't discuss about these stuff. So we'll see.

Okay great. It's bloody frustrating to be honest. And I noticed on D-addicts. com there are threads opening up more and more asking for Lakorns. As I said I'm part of a streaming site (I'm not fond of them often) but it's a private site that has hundreds of members and I can invite people here who are not members there. Anyway as I stated it has ONLY 3 lakorns.

And the amount of reviews those three got was a lot. It seems to me people are demanding it. As a big watcher of dramas I'm so happy to have discovered lakorns because I dropped watching a lot of Kdramas because of racist remarks against Blacks in a few of them (they were offhanded but not cool) and the same old annoying sillyness. At times Lakorns can be cliched but they have a better drama build up than kdramas.

In any event, they're good stuff and I have no problems spreading the work out. Plus making them available to download there might be good to getting a larger fan base...ie even bringing in donations to the maintenance of this site. I tend to donate to sub-groups that I love. Not to mention video quality is better in straight dl but you already provide that option.

If anything...I can help creating threads on d-addicts that link back to this site.

Edited by vaberella

we're not like many of the korean subbing groups or forums.

These uploading stuff are more like personal for us. We don't do donations or stuff like that. I know there are many out there who doesn't understand Thai and would love to understand but this forum (SPICY) is very selective and we don't do everything. It's up to our personal liking thus we do it on our own motivation. We can stop half way if we don't feel like it. lol We have tried in the past and it's not working. We haven't have any big project in the past.

As for racist remark, just a warning that Korean drama won't be the last for you to hear. ^^

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Thank you for the support. We dont sub too many lakorns, and anything we sub we post at spicy fansubs. I dont think we've ever started on a project and finished it :030: just shows how much motivation we have. I dont mind uploading HQ versions of lakorns up, as long as there's a demand for it. But like Shamp said, we're quite selective, the only HQ versions of any lakorns I have are Oil and Aum ones. Only those two are worthy of my computer space *rll*

Are the koreans racist about the blacks? I didnt know this lol

we're not like many of the korean subbing groups or forums.

These uploading stuff are more like personal for us. We don't do donations or stuff like that. I know there are many out there who doesn't understand Thai and would love to understand but this forum (SPICY) is very selective and we don't do everything. It's up to our personal liking thus we do it on our own motivation. We can stop half way if we don't feel like it. lol We have tried in the past and it's not working. We haven't have any big project in the past.

As for racist remark, just a warning that Korean drama won't be the last for you to hear. ^^

Thanks again for the suggestion.

I'm fully aware. I'm 28 years old and have been watching East Asian dramas since I was a kid. My dad was a Ju Jitsu/Judo sensei so Japanese dominated my life more than the others. Although my uncles were definitely into Chinese film and news.

I've sat through hundreds upon hundreds of Jdoramas and I've only seen 1 show that did something out of turn. They didn't say something just did something, mainly if you're not from America you probably wouldn't see as racist. So I gave that a pass.

As for Chinese...I've seen hundreds of theirs and nothing so far. Kdramas...I love them but...twice so far in the last few months---which to me is a lot.

Thank you for the support. We dont sub too many lakorns, and anything we sub we post at spicy fansubs. I dont think we've ever started on a project and finished it *rll* just shows how much motivation we have. I dont mind uploading HQ versions of lakorns up, as long as there's a demand for it. But like Shamp said, we're quite selective, the only HQ versions of any lakorns I have are Oil and Aum ones. Only those two are worthy of my computer space *rll*

Are the koreans racist about the blacks? I didnt know this lol

I'm a Black person...so yeah. I've seen about 2 or so far that had subtle remarks about Blacks that turned me off. It's not the bulk of the story, it's just a phrase that rubbed me the wrong way. It turned me off massively.

I see now, about your situation. yeah...I'm more of Por/Pat fanatic...although I plan on watching Oil and Aum dramas too.

lol I have watch quite a few of them lol I don't know maybe I didn't take noticed?

Check out the drama You Are My Destiny...that was the latest with a blatantly racist remark in the first few eps.

It's too bad you guys aren't really into doing a proper sub. Not terrible but there is a major demand for it, or I see the demand building little by little. When I went on d-addicts.com there are several threads asking about Lakorn fans and it produced quite a bit of pages. People are definitely into it....and I think personally that Lakorns have second best storylines---since they define DRAMA perfectly. :030:

Edited by vaberella

lol spicy is oil aum forum, most of the admins are fans of the both of them

Shamp dont you watch korean dramas often? as for me only when I'm forced to. I dont know why, but I kinda hate it with passion lol. I dont believe in dying for love and the selfish love korean drams tend to portray. And I think it's pathetic most of the leads are in love since before they were teething. So unrealistic and so wrong. They never teach people any morals in their series, only that love conquers all. I dont see them teaching people to think about education, being a good person to society or even promoting love for country and land etc etc.

I don't watch korean drama fully, I've been to a few here and there. I haven't watch any of the recent one except for Boys Over Flowers and it was only cut part. It probably wasn't a big deal for me for I'm not in the shoes?

Thai drama to me, aren't the greatest too. If you're new then you might like it. To me, I have come to bored with it. New people will probably come to like lakorns like how Korean dramas were the trends 8 to 10 years ago.

You just haven't watch enough lakorns to know they have thrown discriminate stuff. lol So yeah..

thai series nowadays suck too, that's the reason why I dont watch so many. Before there's not one I miss, even if I dislike the pranangs. Now I'm just more selective. Korean dramas are losing popularity in asia, at least was according to articles I've read. And I can see why, their comedies are so overly done. Their dramas always end in tears and death. Thai lakrons may be overly done in most cases, but at least the good get good, and the bad get punished. There's always retribution for good and bad in Thai series, same goes for Chinese. Korean is totally opposite of this. If you're the supporting guy or girl, doesnt matter how perfect you are, the lead actor or actress will never feel any sympathy or compassion.

yeah but at least have some mercy and not be so cold hearted. how about treat the person like a human being instead of a criminal or enemy

Right now I get more entertainment reading news than I do watching any of the asian series lol

LOL I am subbing one lakorn at the moment and I am lagging on it big time lol... I am selective with lakorns too.

Once you have seen many lakorn, your taste died down. But I like Korean drama from the past. The recent ones are kind of boring to me especially Boys Before Flower. I do not like the Korean version one bit except for the good looking guys *ha* . I am a huge fan of HYD but the Korean version ummm.... well... no comment. Other than that, it would have been a flop. :)

yeah the reason so many ppl probably want to see more lakorns or every single lakorn subbed is bc they don't know how stupid most lakorns is and the cliched storylines.

i've been watching lakorns for a long time and they've made lakorns since i can remember but there's only some that i actually like