[Discussion] Min and Hermes Merch. Drama

m3lhouse

Ok so its the same 10k is for cash and what is the limit for goods? Is it also 1K as here? That's why when Ash said 10K I was like wow that's a lot even though i thought it was perhaps meant for cash but no one actually confirmed after my post so I just assume it was 10K for goods.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/know-before-you-go/declare

Doesn't say anything about how much value.

countries other than the Caribbean countries or U.S. insular possession you are entitled to an $800 duty-free exemption and the next $1,000 worth of the goods you purchased is subject to a flat rate of 3%. If the value exceeds $1,800, the remaining duty will be determined based on duty rates in the harmonized tariff schedule, which are generally between 0-10% (except for clothing and textiles, which can be much higher, up to 25%).If you are returning from a U.S. insular possession (i.e. U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam) you are entitled to a $1,600 duty-free exemption and the next $1,000 worth of the goods you purchased is subject to a flat rate of 1.5%.If you are returning from a foreign country other than Mexico and were not there for a total of 48 hours you are entitled to a $200 duty-free exemption and the next $1,000 worth of the goods you purchased is subject to a flat rate of 3%. If the value of your goods exceeds $1,200, the remaining duty will be determined based on duty rates in the Harmonized Tariff Schedule.

ok thats what I'm looking for lol thanks

I think we've all broken the rules innocently before because I know I've bought back goods more than 1K and didn't declare it until recently I read about it to realise it hahaha

I feel like Im repeating myself lol. if youre gone for less than 48 hours, your limit could be as low as 200. So depending on where you went, and for how long, the limit is always different

All Noy did was actually read the links I provided,and when you continued to ask, she copied and pasted that information for you Sunny lol. I think I mentioned more than once about the limit even crossing the US and Canada border. I even said in the last page that usually limits can start from 200-1000 depending on where you went and how long

No no Im not talking to you Noy, Im talking to Sunny. She keeps asking and I keep responding to her, yet she had to keep asking until you went into the links and copied and paste for her *muha*

All she had to do was read my comments thoroughly, she didnt even have to open up those links. Then she was like no one confirmed after she asked about the 10k *^lol*

lol the thai import tax thing is weird. i dont think they have such a thing in the usa? like if you already purchased an item from oversea, as long as it fits in your luggage, theres no additional tax. thai tax is weird/confusing lol

min, why dont u just come out to clarify LOL dont act innocent by deleting your ig picture lol

I think you would have import tax for every country. I dunno about the USA but it'll be weird if the States don't have it but other countries have it lol I'm sure the States have it. True if it fits but if it fits however cost $5,000USD I would assume you will have to declare it and pay customs duty or tariff on it. However there are some that is exempt from taxes but you will have to read or know what it is as some countries have trade agreements etc. But with luxury goods I doubt there is a trade agreement on that with any countries lol.

USA has import tax.. i just went to Europe and you have to fill out a form when you come in the states for customs. You need to declare all the things you bought, I had to declare my chanel bag and pay tax . Because if they find out then you get an even worse penalty fee.

Is it cheaper to buy Chanel in Europe than the States though? Most people say yes, but Sunny said differently lol. It helps when youre travelling as a family because then your duty free allowance is higher.. I notice when I travel with my parents they are more lenient. We usually get upgraded seats on the airplane too

I didn't want to mention Europe as I learn my lesson. My cousin sent me a gift pack after I arrived and I ended up paying like 48 euro taxes on it and the items were worth less than that I told everyone to not send me anything omg and than another time I ordered some clothes online and it came from HK and I ended up paying like 30 euro tax. So stupid.

Is it cheaper to buy Chanel in Europe than the States though? Most people say yes, but Sunny said differently lol. It helps when youre travelling as a family because then your duty free allowance is higher.. I notice when I travel with my parents they are more lenient. We usually get upgraded seats on the airplane too

Even if its cheaper you come back to your country you still pay the tax on it so whats the difference? lol

^^Yea, I didn't declare anything either when returning from South Korea. I actually purchase 600+ dollars worth of skincare, masks, and gifts to bring back. Lol I had 4 luggage coming back and luckily I didn't get selected at random for luggage search. Two of my cousins did and they were question about the two bowls of jajangmyeon they brought back from Korea.

• 2 months later...

Last I heard (few days ago) Min still does not have the merchandise in her possession. Why on earth would one spend that much money on handbags and not bring it home with them, it just doesn't make sense to me. I'm starting to believe Min never really bought all the handbags she posted boxes of.

I thought that bag was like her birthday present to herself so why she didn't bring it back? I don't care about all the other boxes, I'm just interested in that bag. Maybe knowing how much taxes she have to end up paying made her back down lol but i doubt she doesn't have money to pay for it, more like its disheartening to pay that much lol.

If my memory is correct, she had several what seemed to look like handbag boxes. I highly doubt you can return an Hermes product just because you changed your mind lol I bought an LV bag and exchanged it the next day for a different style, it took forever to make the exchange because they had to inspect the bad with a fine tooth comb lol I kid you not, I waited close to two hours!

No, I don't think she returned it but probably just not yet have the guts to go get it and bring it back to make it a headline again lol or she already has it but just not yet want to make news by carrying it around and having to have proof that she paid or not paid the tax.