[News] King Bhumibol Adulyadej dies at 88.

Noydarny80

Hi everyone, thank you for the information that foreigner like me can't get my hands on. Just back watching the royal funeral procession of HRH Princess Galyani Vadhana and for the couple of few days, I have been reading all articles related to the procession. I wonder how lavish the funeral this time since this is the king himself that about to be cremated. It's fascinating and astonishing to witness such events. The palanquin or the place of the urn is gigantic and marvelous, even the urn itself, I'm at loss for words when I saw that. And how come they built the cremation structures (Pra Merumas) in short time and disintegrated it?confused12.gifclear.png

I'm so sorry if this is out of the topic but it's something that I have never encountered before and I am completely blown away by the way Thai monarch handles the funeral

Edited by dertaajaf

Finally just saw the picture of the Prince at the airport when he had a crop top and jeans on with tattoo on his back. It was a really WTH look. Nothing about that look made sense even to regular folks wearing it let alone a Prince.

Where did you find the picture? I've been waiting to see what everyone has been talking about.

I found the picture, I'm at a lost for words......

Why are his sons from his second wife exile from Thailand? I know rumor has it that the second wife committed adultery but what does that have to do with the sons.

Because those sons might become future King(s) so its best to get rid of them plus a King whose mother commited adultery isn't right (or done illegal stuff, depending on which story is true lol or maybe she's done nothing at all), also CP at that time didn't want any of his sons to have a chance in line just in case something happens you know what I mean?

I saw that pic at the airport since Thursday, the day the King passed, didn't really surprise me..

Well you know, we've seen many dramas, if they are not on the succession line but still in the country living well and all, what if something happens... someone plot stuff etc by the end of they day they are still sons of the CP, grandson of the King, they would still have rights if someone powerful or whatever happens that is possible. So CP exile them to keep them afar as much as possible is safer.

But if you think from another perspective, maybe CP is trying to save them? Because something can come up, etc to get rid of them etc, so exile was best option.

Don't forget in the olden days, these things can passed onto the next and next and if you're lucky or meant to be, even though you were not born close to be a King, you can end up being a King, just like Rama 9th. Rama 9th was no where near being born a King at all. If Rama the 6th had a son, the line would of gone to a different direction, Rama 7th was also far away from being King but landed himself King because all his other brothers that was in line to the throne before him died one after another and if it wasn't for Rama the 7th abdication it might never have gone to Rama 8th and if Rama 8th didn't die so young, if he had children, Rama 9th that we know may not exist.

I've heard that the royal family still keep in touch with them, like they only come to Thailand if the event is very personal, such as in the past to funerals. I'm not sure about this time, it seems like they are not allowed in from their letters, maybe some complications. I think being exile doesn't mean cut blood and ties.

So it sounds like the CP is good to all his children then? Despite not being a the mother of his children. The CP still loves his children? If so, he's totally not a lost case. There's hope for CP to might turn his life around and OMG that tattoo and croptop wearing at the airport it was really something for the eyes. Makes me wonder if he's gay

>.<

Fake or real tattoos that was tacky and wrong on so many level and to add the crop with the jeans it was a hideous look. And he's a Prince. I don't know, when I picture a Prince I don't picture one looking like that...and he was like what in his 60s already when that picture was taken? I mean, even a decent looking Prince can't pull that look off what makes him being in his late years think it's cool or fashionable to wear them? It was truly a scratching head moment to say the least.

I think it was temporary tattoos but that image was definitely not a sight for sore eyes... it's just interesting to compare the british royal family like Prince William and Harry to the CP. Harry's had his scandalous days too but I feel like CP was out of the loop somewhere and wants to act out his youth years now who even knows ahahaha but he's something else for sure

Hey question mayb I mis heard or understood it as my parents and aunt were discussing about the King in our language and I understand ok to it but one of them mayb my mom? Said that the King and his bro fought over the throne and the king killed him and that's how he got the throne? Is that true? cus from what I'm reading what y'all post it's like not like that

the death of King Rama 8 remains a mystery. There's conspiracy(?) if that is the correct word to use, that King Rama 9 shot him to become King.

I watched a clip where King Rama 9 was asked that question by a foreign reporter and he said the death of his brother was not a suicide but wasn't an accident either