[Pictures] Komchadluek Awards 13th

Kwan20

I'm not sure if thai et does the same, but hollywood does that too. It's not really self nomination, it's a submission of your work for the people of the organization to consider your work. In hollywood, the talents would submit reels which are videos, like a clip of a scene, for the judges to determine who should be nominated then ultimately win.

It's not a self nomination because only specific people have the power to nominate. They're not saying, hey I'm nadech and I nominate myself. What they're doing is they're "asking" for a nomination not that they're nominating themselves. It's like if you want to enter an art contest. You can't just say I'm in coz I nominate myself. You submit your work and a panel of judges judge your work.

When you are submitting yourself to win a nomination, is called nominating yourself Mel.

It's not hard to google...I pulled this right out of an article

Before any show or actor can be nominated for an Emmy, they must essentially nominate themselves to be nominated, and ... submit to the Emmys as a miniseries (where the voters will ...

They do the same here in the US too?! I am I the only one that thinks this process it silly? So if I was one who didn't care for an award but my acting is superb, I wouldn't be selected as a nominee unless I first nominate myself?

That's for the Emmys, not sure about the other awards. Yes I think it's a silly process too. maybe that's why Vier never won anything in the past lol. The only legit award popularity award was tv pool Cus it was like fan voting weekly, so at the end of the year end results were fan votes. Not just submissions then fan votes. Now there are too many awards, and so few people attend them. Only the winners attend

I don't think it's a big deal because who else is going to nominate you, your competition? For hollywood, it's mostly driven by studios who push for every ballot they think they deserve. For kom chad, it's based on popularity and panel votes. You can't be mad at popularity voting coz it depends on the kind of fans the stars have. For kom chad, they still award if you don't show up coz last year nadech won but couldn't attend so yaya accepted for him. It's not one of the ones that give to runner up...well except for yaya and gun's awards which is dumb... that's why more stars show up to this one. Then they have panel voters that's not based on popularity... so this one has a good mix of popularity and merit but then again who the hell are these panel voters...

I think it's better if the award shows actually watch most of the lakorns and judges decide on the nominations. No ones mad Mel. I think a lot of people have come to terms that Thai awards have no merit lol. Like Yaya has got to be the least talented actress yet she wins for best actress. At least nadech deserved some of the awards he's won.

Well weren't some people saying that people are undeserving when it's based on popularity so you can't control that. The only ones that can be disputed here is the awards with the blue trophy and weir got one hahaha And yaya actually doesn't win for best actress most of the time. The award she won was most popular actress which isn't about performance but popularity. And most of her awards are most popular girl, koo jin etc... haahha she almost never wins best actress for acting ahahha Khun rudklao for sood kaen san ruk won best actress for acting here. Most of the awards to me are popularity awards when it's from magazines or newpapers. If there's any merit to it, it has to come from the actual people in the film and tv industry and yeah in a perfect world if they can watch wall 70 lakorns that are produced annually ahhahaha I mentioned back that oscar voters admit that they don't watch all of the films nominated so forget thai et ahahha No award system really has merit nowadays, not the oscars, grammy's... for american's I know billboard awards has merit coz it's based on stats. And SAG awards is a good one coz the voters are with fellow actors. Oscars is like most prestigious base on history but a lot of people are aware that it's based on popularity and campaigning.

Well if they really want they dont have to sit through 50 lakorns that aired to pick the best actors and actress. They should have a team of people in that award production or the manager of the actors or actress themselves who want to nom themselves select the best scenes, the climax scenes or best episode of that actors and actresses for the judges to watch and so they can pick and compare I guess. Because I don't agree with fans voting in best actors or actress because its all bias lol. But yea the award for popular awards is spot on haha.

Anyways I guess if you submit yourself or your work in for a competition that will result in an award is your nominating yourself?

truth is the people holding the polls cant even stay neutral or hold a neutral view. the results are definitely bias. I dont care much about the 'plastic' metals lol you cant even eat it lol its just sitting to collect dust. lol

but these so called "prestige" awards should honor gifted actors. sure, give aside that bias popularity medal to whoever you're bias to but leaven out the outstanding awards to the right and hardworking actors and actresses.

When Kob was very popular, she never won that many popular awards nor prestige awards. her popularity was ruling Thailand, but when it comes to talent, Annethong was still garnering the best actress. today, shits just fly everywhere. lmaoooo. no legit honor!

Edited by Kimix