[News] Army Recruitment Lottery

Mai

Yup, that's how long Us Marine deployment too. Trust me six months goes fast and belong the guy is home already. Lol

I guess Chin's situation is the talk of the town. it have people talking about Conscription service and some people do not see it.

http://igdara.in.th/netiwit-opinion-conscription/

Yup, that's how long Us Marine deployment too. Trust me six months goes fast and belong the guy is home already. Lol

I guess Chin's situation is the talk of the town. it have people talking about Conscription service and some people do not see it.

http://igdara.in.th/netiwit-opinion-conscription/

It depends though on where they are deployed lol. Cause if my hubby is deployed in like Afghanistan or Iraq those 6 months are lonnnng! It was hard to listen to the news or anything and everytime you see "US Marines killed in..." you're like hyperventilating lol.

Thanks goodness I don't have to go thru deployment again. For me Afghanistan and Iraq were easy to handle because you can still talk and skype your man most of the time. Just when he was going thru village and village was nerve wrecking because they would be gone two week at the time. Only call when he get a chance to use satellite telephone to call just to say he is okay. I hate when they are on missions because you can't know where he is, have to wait for him to contact you only and he could be gone all the time or maybe four times out a year.

i was wondering why i never saw any news about Mark Prin having to defer his military recruitment

lol, I was wondering the same thing. But then I recently saw pictures of Mark in military uniform when he was 18 or so, before he entered the show business. It looks like he already served the army before his BIG debut that's why you don't ever seen people/news nagging about him not serving. lol. I don't know the earliest age Thais can serve in the army, but it looks like Mark and his family already did their service. lol :P

http://women.kapook.com/view145746.html

These stars are smart because they joined ROTC in college. They can skip conscription service since they served in ROTC. Mark Prin, Son Yuk, Ritz the star and other guy I do not recognize.

Oh dear, that is smart! HAHAHAH :) My Boo, lmao!

Noy, what is ROTC? Lol. I don't think it was just smart, but their family took matters into their own hands rather than waiting til later or getting drafted.

Pictures of the boys in ROTC Training lol. Cute! ^_^

Mark :i38::t4529:

11_34.jpg

05_131.jpg

Jirayu

01_204.jpg
03_184.jpg
SonYuke
06_112.jpg
07_80.jpg

Cr. Kapook

Edited by Kimix

Well I think Thai is like USA when it comes to military structure. ROTC-Reserve Officer Training Corps. You can start in High School or College. People will get credits toward canadiaate school or here in this case a Conscription service.

It's hard on family cause just like Police officers there are a lot of divorces. The spouse have to understand and be patience without that it will never work. I am sure if the benefits are good and they are better taken care of a lot of people will join. Then again, the poor might not able to because they have to have some sort of education.

I'm not going to lie, when my husband was gone/deployed... I was worried, but barely noticed because I was sooo focused on school. It made me feel relieved a little that I didn't have to try to manage husband and school at the same time lol. I'm not complaining, but right now baby, husband, school, work, and etc. Oh goodness! Even now he works 1 full time, 2 part time jobs. I barely see him, and can't complain because I know it is what he feels he needs to do for the family. Every now and then PTSD comes back though if there is like a trigger. It was pretty much dormant for a few years, but when we got pregnant and had to adjust our lifestyle it came back. I would find him screaming in his sleep or attempting to army crawl off the bed.

ROTC if you do it here and finish with a higher degree, the higher rank and pay grade (although military pay isn't so great). There are a few people I know who finished with a bachelors degree and they outrank some who has been in the military for 10+ years. It's kinda sad that in this situation the degree trumps experience :(

It's hard on family cause just like Police officers there are a lot of divorces. The spouse have to understand and be patience without that it will never work. I am sure if the benefits are good and they are better taken care of a lot of people will join. Then again, the poor might not able to because they have to have some sort of education.

Wow that's what Decendants of the Sun is all about hehe glad they're all safe.

When I was in Bali in September, the hotel we stayed at there were some of their army men. I was fascinated looking at them. The contrast of our men and theirs were just interesting. Talking about Bali, I want to go back. When there twice last year and each time it feels so short. Something about that place makes it so bittersweet to leave lol

When my husband is deployed, there are times I get annoyed because I have two little boys to take care of. Especially when I am sick...I mean, to every women out there. When you have kids and the husband is deployed you are literally a single mom. But I don't stress out over it. I have my church family and I shop a lot lol. I usually redecorate the house when he's gone. Every time he comes back home the house usually doesn't look the same hahhahaa. He's so immune to it now. But like I have stated, not everyone is made to be a soldier's wife. On both sides, you have to love each other enough to make it work.

• Like 1