eee resize the size of the computer and audio system.

shampoo

*beat**no-no* okie, I need help. Basically we have a computer that's always dead. It's been dead for a while now so I rebooted and it works fine now. lol Just that it annoyed me the screen is so big in font, how do we resize the screen? And another help please!? The audio doesn't work. My computer doesn't have sound. *nthu* Help!? *snck* I need to listen to music you know.

-_- Anybody know a way to work with the audio system? Because now that I don't have a restore CD or anything.

Edited by shampoo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean resize the font on the screen? If you have firefox browser go to tools>options>content and then you will see an area where you can change the font size and style. If you have IE browser, go to tools>internet options>general and at the way bottom you will see a button for fonts, just click on that and modify it. As for audio did you check if your sounds are off? Try right clicking on the sound icon and hit adjust audio properties to see if your sound is accidentally muted. If you don't have a sound icon on the right tray of your computer then just go to start>control panel>sounds, speech and audio devices and from there you can check your sounds. I hope that helps.

go to ur control panel then click on "appearance and themes" then click on "display" then click on the "settings" tab from there you just change ur screen resolution and if you play around a bit with the resolution it showed alter the size. I have mine set really small, that's why sometimes I cant read unless I copy and paste it onto word *ha-ha*

For screen ... try going to ...

[Right click on screen] Properties - Settings ... [screen Resolution] Set to 600x800 pix or 1024x768 pix ... Apply.

Mine is set at 1280x768pix since my notebook is wide screen.

For the font .... try going to ...

[Right click on screen] Properties - Appearance ... = Normal

As for sound........ check you havent mute anything or cords loose. I dunno bout this one na. Well that is how I do mine to fix the size of screen & font na ^^

whose instructions did you use? mine or Sunny's? *ha-ha*

I've got a fn key on my keyboard between the ctrl and alt button. It actually tells you the audio doesnt work? I had that problem once and apparently they installed a wrong drive, so they had to install software for it.

*shy* oh dear, I didn't noticed, I thought it was Sunny. *ha-ha* I saw Mai's first so I follow her instruction then I also see another one below so I was confused to why Sunny posted it twice. *muha* So I went back to look again. *rll*

I don't even have an audio cd for installation. I don't know what to do, if without audio, I can't watch anything or listen to anything and some of the program won't work without audio. -_-

Another problem, when I scroll down or up, it doesn't scroll normally, it scroll up and down like a warm? *lil* I don't know what happened, the space is about 127 GB free.

oh so I'm right, you dont have the software for it. You know, if you reboot the computer, meaning, just install ur restore cds, everything should work fine, whether or not you have the software for the media stuff. I never have to use mine, restore cds usually does the work