BURNING PROBLEM

lilawadee22

HI EVERYBOBY,

I'D TO COPY THE ENTIRE DVD TO DVD. I USUALLY USE NERO EXPRESS.THE VERSION I HAVE NOW IS 7. I NEVER HAD PROBLEM BEFORE SINCE YESTERDAY. I WAS TRYING TO COPY THE DVD BUT MY *BURNER* SAYS: THE FILE CAN NOT BE READ OR THERE IS ERRORS SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I DID I LITTLE TEST COPY ON ANOTHER DISC( FROM ANOTHER MOVIE FOR EXAMPLE) AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM.

MY * BURNER * CAN READ DVD+R OR DVD-R AND IN THIS CASE, I'D TO COPY FROM A DVD+R. IS THIS THE PROBLEM BECAUSE IT'S A DVD+R OR IS THERE SOMTHING ELSE? OR MAYBE THE PROBLEM COMES FROM THE SOURCE( I MEAN HOW THE OWNER BURN IT. I COULD SAY THAT THE BRAND OF THE (DISC) ISN'T WELL KNOWN FOR ME BUT I DON'T THINK THAT THE PROBLEM IS BECAUSE OF THE BRAND.

NEED HELP PLEASE.

HOPE THAT I WAS CLEAR IF NOT, SORRY.

• 3 weeks later...

How come when I download and save it to my computer and burn it to cd/dvd I can only watch it on my laptop/comp but not my dvd player. How can I burn to my cd/dvd to be able to watch on my dvd player (it's compatible)? :(

I hit burn and when I add a disk in, a screen pops up and ask me if I want to use window media player, windows media center, etc I just use wmp, I would have to check it later, thanks.

pam, if you want to watch stuff that you download from net on tv without properly format them into a dvd format, then you need to buy that cheap phillips dvd player dvp642. it is loaded with all the codec you need.... hope this help you....

When I hit burn, and there is an arrow below the burn tab; there are things to choose such as audio cd; data files/dvd (comes 2gthr) and nothing for just vcd/dvd!! I believe I have the latest update on wmp.

Finally know how to!! I had to go into windows dvd maker and add, but the problem is that it takes so long to burn!! There's gotta be a faster way to burn right?

if you want to convert any file into a dvd format which is mpeg2 using any dvd maker than it going to take long or longer depending on the quality and how many episode or file you put in a disc...

I usually put around 3 episodes on a disc and it take about 4-5 hours to convert and burn...since it took so long to burn i do this before i go to bed and when i woke up in the morning it done *lol!*

• 11 months later...

Okay, haven't had a problem in awhile, but I was trying to convert stuff on my harddrive to dvd, but after 15-20 min of encoding, the computer shuts down??? And I would have to restart the power and it'll have me choose to either choos the safe mode or start windows normally. Don't understand why it's doing this, can anyone help???

Edited by pam

don't know, it's been doing fine, doesn't shut when I'm on it since I have that cooling pad, it's pissing me off right now!! Could it be the setup though?? where it sleeps? I thought I went in and changed it but it's not that.