Problems Posting

Guest grl1

hi there admins, mods, and staffs of spicy,

first of all, thank you for the site.

i'm having a bit of a problem with my posts. i don't know if it's always been this way, since i've only recently tried posting more (i'm more of a lurker...i visit spicy very often, but i don't always post because i don't always feel like i have anything worth reading to say *dunno*).

i just noticed my post count isn't increasing...at first this happened when i posted something and was logged in as invisible, so i thought that was the reason. but now i'm logged in as visible, and i notice that after each post i'm making, my post count is still 1.

also, i can't seem to edit my posts.

i'm just wondering if it's something i'm doing wrong, something i need to disable, and if so, how to go about it.

thanks a lot for your help.

grl1

edit: oh hey! it just increased to 2! interesting...*bellow*

Edited by grl1

well the posting counts depends on alot of factors..

1. the time you post could be when we were having problems with the site therefore your posts would be lost.

2. your posts were spams... and if that was the case, your post counts would fall back and you become a restricted member..

so mai might be able to tell you more...

*yay* Have you been posting in the Photo section & Chit Chat section dear? (I've seen in in the photo section hehe long posts) In that case, we have disable counts from those sections because MOSTLY members go there to spams (not all members, just some newbie) AND I'm not saying ALL newbies are as well but we've have had cases where people just spam 2 pages with couple words in there, that is why ... chit chat too *drools* because we want members to post decent comments because when every post counts, you are near in getting into the DL sections more.

With editting, I think you have 2 mins to edit after you post.

well the posting counts depends on alot of factors..

1. the time you post could be when we were having problems with the site therefore your posts would be lost.

2. your posts were spams... and if that was the case, your post counts would fall back and you become a restricted member..

so mai might be able to tell you more...

*yay* Have you been posting in the Photo section & Chit Chat section dear? (I've seen in in the photo section hehe long posts) In that case, we have disable counts from those sections because MOSTLY members go there to spams (not all members, just some newbie) AND I'm not saying ALL newbies are as well but we've have had cases where people just spam 2 pages with couple words in there, that is why ... chit chat too *ha5* because we want members to post decent comments because when every post counts, you are near in getting into the DL sections more.

With editting, I think you have 2 mins to edit after you post.

haha oh i see i see.

thank you both natty and Sunny for your replies. *rxl*

yes Sunny, i've been posting only in the photosection. i find myself very critical when looking at pix of stars, and that's about it. lol i mean, i'm not sure if i'm useful, or have as much to say that is worth reading about anything else *<ha* i don't know too much about the stars personals lives, or have updates about them (and that's why this forum is great), nor and i very opinionated when it comes to that...and i'm not really following lakorn these days like i used to (not because i don't want to, no time *drools* ) so i wouldn't be able to contribute much in the way of discussion. but i'll try be more active in other sections now that i'm sorta acquainted with you guys (lol, internet or not, since i'm new i'm shy *rll*)

lol i just realized you didn't really ask for a long explaination...haha. well, thank you both once again for your answers.

and thank you also for answering the part about editing. *ha5*

• 4 months later...