Disc Space

Mai

*gg* no wonder I'm encountering problem. *gg*

i was encounter wid probs too i couldnt log in kept tellin` me my PW was wrng n wen i did....half the stuff was missin` from my side lol xD arrg!.... n e wase.... Mai did u ever solve the disc space problem ? if so.... wanna share wit me on how to get rid of the pop up tellin` me i`m runnin` out ofspace? lol *lips*

edit: *erj* omb! it just pop tellin` me i`m like low n it`s at risk *rll* very stupid comp *hihe*

Edited by passionalee

okay try this to see if it'll works...( if you haven't done so)

go to control panel

click on Performance and Maintenance

then click on Free up space on hard disk

then a small window will pop up and it'll said "select drive you want to clean up" select C-drive

let the disk clean up compress all the file at are store in your c drive, temp folder..etc...(usually when you delete things from your hdd it being store at a temp folder which is invisible)

next a window pop up after the compression and it'll say "Disk Cleanup for (C:)

under tab "Disk Cleanup" it'll have all these files and on the right of the file it say how may space it taking up select all the files and remember these are just files you have deleted from your hdd but are being store here and click Okay. It'll take a couple minutes to cleanup.

You girls can try to see if this will work. it works for me everytime i have problem and by the way I was wonder exactly how many gig did both of you actually have left...

let me know it this help

*rxl*

thanks everyone.

Nalika , I tried what you suggested up there when I had the problem, and it didnt fix much. What happened was, I was using a program to burn my discs, and every time I copied a disc, it automatically makes a backup onto c drive. Itwas taking up 30gbs on my hard drive lol.

wow taking up 30gbs of hard drive for just making a copy of a disc...what program are u using...try deleting the backup after you finish...but it shouldn't take up that much space. on a regular single layer dvd disc it only 4.7 gbs...

have you ever had your registry scan and clean? what about Defragment?

yeah the problem is fixed now, it was 30 gbs from all these months of burning *rxl* so I deleted all those files. It shouldnt do that, doenst seem reasonable, but I guess I cant change the settings on that program, so now I manually delete the files.

Thanks again nalika

okay try this to see if it'll works...( if you haven't done so)

go to control panel

click on Performance and Maintenance

then click on Free up space on hard disk

then a small window will pop up and it'll said "select drive you want to clean up" select C-drive

let the disk clean up compress all the file at are store in your c drive, temp folder..etc...(usually when you delete things from your hdd it being store at a temp folder which is invisible)

next a window pop up after the compression and it'll say "Disk Cleanup for (C:)

under tab "Disk Cleanup" it'll have all these files and on the right of the file it say how may space it taking up select all the files and remember these are just files you have deleted from your hdd but are being store here and click Okay. It'll take a couple minutes to cleanup.

You girls can try to see if this will work. it works for me everytime i have problem and by the way I was wonder exactly how many gig did both of you actually have left...

let me know it this help

*muha*

aww thnk you very mux ja but same with mai kinda not realli i did sumtin` diff n i wasnt tryin` to burn things more like saving and it tells me i`m low on space but w/e lol && i went to the control panel it doesnt have the Performance and Maintenance ja but my cleaning disk pops on for me wen i`m low on it n i try to do it like cleaning it but..... *rxl* but it pops on barely now.... so dat`s fine i suppose keke havent realli been savin n e thing so yeah xD *muha* thnk yu tho for u help na ^^ *rxl*

What? If we copy a VCD to another VCD, it has a back up on to c drive? I never knew that. lol

We usually used Nero Express to copy a disc then burn it. :P So does that make a back up file?

I used Nero also and it does make any backup file ... unless you first copy it as an image and then burn it later on...but if you just copy straight from vcd to vcd it doesn't make any backup...

Passionalee and Mai...you guys are welcome...